You’ve probably heard a thing few things about tempered glass:
Not only is it very attractive, but it also enhances the appearance of your home while providing additional security. It is four times stronger than normal glass and can withstand impact without shattering or cracking.
But there are many more benefits – and some downsides – to installing tempered glass. If you’re thinking about installing it in your home, it would be good to know if it’s worth it or not. Let’s look at these pros and cons to help your decision-making.
Pros of Tempered Glass Railings:
- Tempered glass railings are very attractive and can enhance the appearance of your home.
- They provide additional security for you and your family.
- Tempered glass is four times stronger than normal glass and can withstand impact without shattering or cracking.
- If someone were to fall over, it would likely save their life due to its strength.
- A professional should install tempered glass railings because the installation process requires specific equipment and techniques that should be used so as not to damage or break the glass.
- Tempered glass railings are an excellent way to improve safety for your home and family while adding beauty at the same time.
- They can help create a more open and airy feel for your home.
- They are an excellent way to showcase your beautiful yard or garden.
- Tempered glass railings are low maintenance and easy to clean.
- They can provide privacy while still allowing natural light in.
- They are a great way to add value to your home.
- They are versatile and can be used in various applications, indoors and outdoors.
- They come in various colours and styles to suit any taste or decor.
- They are weather resistant and will not rust, corrode, or deteriorate over time.
- They are an ideal solution for homes with children or pets.
- They can be used with other fencing or railing systems.
- They provide a sense of security and peace of mind.
- They are a great way to deter intruders from entering your property.
- Glass railings are easy to install and do not require much maintenance.
- They add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any home.
- They are perfect for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Tempered glass railings will last for many years without fading or corroding.
Cons of Tempered Glass Railings:
- They can be very expensive.
- They do not fit with all home styles and decors
- It is difficult for untrained people to install tempered glass railings on their own, so it can be hard to find someone to help you install them unless you know someone who has experience doing this kind of work.
- Installing tempered glass railings can take a lot of time and effort if you don’t know what you’re doing, which can end up costing you more money than expected because of incorrect installation procedures or mistakes that need to be fixed after the fact.
- Some homeowners complain about their lack of privacy, though others disagree with this statement.
- They are not aesthetically pleasing in some situations.
- Tempered glass railings can cost more than regular ones because they have to be four times stronger to meet safety standards and regulations.
- It can take a long time for homeowners who choose this type of railing to receive their order from the manufacturer if custom colours or styles are chosen, which can be frustrating if you’re in a hurry to have them installed.
The Bottom Line: Tempered Glass is a Win!
As you can see, the pros unweight the cons in this endless debate between installing or not installing tempered glass. If you are interested in getting some tempered glass for your home, it will definitely be worth your while. You’ll instantly boost your home’s value and curb appeal while adding a layer of security and quality.
Just remember the most important thing:
Installation should be done by a professional because the installation process requires specific equipment and techniques which should be used in order not to damage or break the glass during installation.
Apart from that, remember to enjoy these stunning pieces of glass!