Site icon Terelee Homes

7 Types of Construction Licences in Australia

construction licences required in Australia

Photo by Aleksey from Pexels

As one of the most elaborate and profitable industries in Australia, the construction industry stands tall. As such, in Sydney alone, 177.1 of every 1000 people work in the construction industry. And, being one of the largest construction populations in the country, it generates significant revenue of 360 billion dollars. However, the construction business is not easy to handle as an individual will have to hold a few different types of licenses and construction tickets. So, here is a list of construction tickets that Sydney mandates to furnish when dabbling in the construction business:

1. Working at Heights Ticket

Working at heights is a standard requirement in the construction business. So, whether an individual is a general labourer or a fully qualified blue-collar worker, they must finish the Working at Heights course to carry out various jobs.

2. Elevated Working Platform Ticket

An EWP (Elevated Working Platform) ticket is required to use a Scissor Lift or a Boom Lift. Moreover, there are two types of EWP tickets: one for under 11 meters and another for over 11 meters.

3. Asbestos Removal Tickets

Three types of Asbestos Removal Tickets can be obtained:

4. Demolition License

Since demolition work can be risky, it requires a licence, which comes in two varieties: a demolition licence and a restricted demolition licence.

5. High-Risk Work Licenses

This is a selection of licences that allow individuals to do high-risk work. And, high-risk jobs include the following:

6. Confined Space Entry Ticket

A confined space ticket is necessary for any work performed in closed or partially closed tight spaces. It is described as a place that is not intended to be entered at any time by a person. As such, tunnels, sewers, and trenches are examples of these types of spaces.

7. Traffic Controller Cards

There are two distinct courses and cards to choose from – the Traffic Controller Course (formerly known as the blue ticket) and the Traffic Management Course (earlier known as the yellow ticket). And both are typically one-day programs.

The Traffic Controller course teaches how to direct traffic flow around a site, whilst the Traffic Management Course will teach them how to plan traffic flow and guarantee that it meets safety standards. As such, many businesses now request both cards.

These construction tickets that Sydney mandates and based on the training that a person has undergone are all for safety reasons. And, it is essential to abide by these rules in order to stay out of harm’s way while also protecting those around. Meanwhile, getting these licenses requires a long duration of the training, and therefore, it is always ideal to hire a construction labour unit for any construction-related work.

Exit mobile version